This Greek-style couscous will bring some Mediterranean magic to your kitchen table – and it's meat-free so vegetarians can enjoy!
2 medium zucchini, trimmed, sliced
1 large red capsicum, thickly sliced
1 medium eggplant, trimmed, cut into 1cm pieces
2 tsp Greek seasoning
¼ cup olive oil
1 cup vegetable stock
1 cup couscous
⅓ cup fresh mint
250 g packet halloumi
lemon wedges to serve
- Toss zucchini, capsicum, eggplant and seasoning with 2 tblsps of the oil in a large bowl.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add vegetables. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes, or until tender. Return to same large bowl. Wipe pan clean.
- Meanwhile, bring stock to boil in a large saucepan. Remove from heat. Add couscous. Cover with lid. Stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Add to vegetables in bowl with mint. Toss well. Cover to keep warm.
- Cut haloumi into eight slices. Heat remaining oil in same frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add haloumi. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until golden. Remove
- Serve haloumi over vegetable couscous with lemon wedges.