500 g green beans, trimmed
lemon wedges, to serve
Walnuts, lemon & chilli crumbs
120 g ciabatta bread, torn
¼ cup olive oil
⅓ cup walnuts
1 tbsp drained baby capers
2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
2 tsp finely grated fresh lemon rind
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make crumbs, process bread in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Toss in a bowl with 1 tbsp of the oil. Transfer to an oiled oven tray.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C), stirring halfway through, for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Place walnuts on a separate oven tray. Cook in same hot oven (200C) for about 4 minutes, or until light toasted. Remove. Cool slightly. Finely chop.
- Add walnuts to breadcrumbs with capers, anchovies, rind, chilli and remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Boil or microwave beans until just tender. Drain. Refresh in iced water. Drain.
- Place beans on a serving plate. Sprinkle over crumbs. Serve with lemon.