Whip up this perfect lunch winner with everyone's favourite deli meat
2 Tbsp olive oil
500 g button mushrooms, sliced
25 g butter
2 Tbsp plain flour
1 ⅔ cups milk
salt and pepper to taste
8 frozen crepes, thawed, warmed
280 g leg ham shaving
1 cup shredded four-cheese melt blend
fresh spinach leaves, to serve
- Line two oven trays with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 to 6 minutes or until golden, then remove.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Add flour. Whisk for about 2 minutes until bubbling. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth
- Return to heat. Whisk for about 5 minutes, or until boiling and thickened. Remove.
- Arrange warm crepes over a bench. Spread 2 tsps of sauce down the centre of each one, leaving a 3cm border at end closest to you. Divide ham and mushrooms evenly over sauce. Fold up end over filling. Fold in sides to meet in the centre
- Place crepes, seam-side up on prepared trays. Spread remaining sauce down the joins. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220C) for about 7 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned
- Serve crepes with fresh spinach. Season with salt and pepper.