Everyone will want to \quiche\ the chef when they try this incredible dish. It's versatile, so you can serve it for lunch, brunch, dinner…maybe even breakfast!
2 sheets frozen puff pastry
250 g packet frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 cup shredded ham slice
½ x 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup grated tasty cheese
1 ⅓ cups pure cream
salt and pepper to taste
- Grease a 23cm round, loose-base flan tin (3 ½ cm deep).
- Sandwich pastry sheets together at different angles, on a clean surface. Lift into tin. Press to cover base and side. Trim edge. Place on an oven tray.
- Squeeze excess liquid from spinach. Arrange over pastry base. Top with ham, tomatoes and cheese.
- Whisk eggs and cream in a large jug. Season with salt and pepper. Slowly pour over filling.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220°C) for 20 minutes. Cover with greased foil. Cook for a further 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown and filling is set. Remove from oven. Stand in tin for 20 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve quiche warm or at room temperature topped with salad leaves.