Try this oven-baked brunch winner – it's bound to be a crowd-pleaser, and it's got an egg-cellent taste!
long white baguette
250 g sliced leg ham, chopped
½ cup pitted marinated kalamata olives, quartered
1 cup grated cheese
150 g tub basil pesto
7 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 ½ cups milk
cracked black pepper, to taste
- Grease a 16-cup capacity rectangular, oven-proof dish (top measures 24cm x 36cm x 6cm deep).
- Cut the baguette into 18 x 2cm-thick slices.
- Arrange half the ham, olives and cheese over the base of prepared dish. Dollop over the pesto. Top with bread slices, slightly overlapping. Sprinkle over the remaining ham, olives and cheese.
- Whisk the eggs and mustard in a large jug. Whisk in the milk. Season with pepper. Pour mixture over the bread slices in the dish. Stand, covered, for 30 minutes to allow to soak. Uncover.
- Cook in moderate oven (180C) for about 45 minutes, or until golden brown and set. Remove.
- Stand bake for about 10 to 15 minutes before serving.