These yummy garlic bread melts with pineapple, ham and baby spinach are great after-school treats for kids because they're easy, healthy and full of energy.
480 g loaf stone baked frozen sourdough garlic bread
¾ cup tomato pasta sauce
50 g fresh baby spinach leaves
200 g shaved leg ham
440 g canned pineapple slices, well-drained and halved
1 ½ cups grated mozzarella
- Trim ends of sourdough. Cut into nine thick slices. Arrange on two large oven trays.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220C) for about 5 minutes, or until golden. Remove.
- Spread slices evenly with sauce, about 1 tbsp on each.
- Divide spinach, ham and pineapple over sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to same very hot oven. Cook for 12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bases are crisp. Serve.