12 chicken drumsticks (2kg)
¼ cup water
1 lime cut into wedges, to serve
green spring onions, diagonally sliced, to serve
red chilli, to serve
⅓ cup hoisin sauce
¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce (or gluten-free soy sauce)
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp Chinese five spice
2 cloves garlic, crushed
- To make marinade, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Cut two deep slits into each chicken drumstick. Add to marinade. Toss well to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour.
- Transfer chicken and marinade to a large roasting pan lined with baking paper. Add water.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C), turning halfway through, for about 1 hour, or until chicken is cooked.
- Serve with lime wedges, onions and chilli.