Try Create Bake Make's delicious slice that's perfect for kids' lunchboxes and afternoon tea snacks. Kids will love the novelty of eating cereal as a snack!
3 Tbsp honey
¼ cup caster sugar
125 g butter
4 cups puffed rice cereal (or gluten-free puffed rice cereal)
½ cup desiccated coconut
- Line an 18cm x 28cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Place the honey, caster sugar and butter in a large saucepan, and bring to a slow boil. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn the heat off.
- Add the puffed rice cereal and coconut to the saucepan, and carefully mix to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to your slice tin and flatten it by pressing down with the back of a spoon. Place the slice into the fridge for 2 hours to set.
- Cut into pieces to serve.