2 ½ cups almond meal
4 tbsp gluten-free plain flour, plus extra, to dust
1 pinch salt
125 g caster sugar
125 g unsalted butter, frozen, grated
2 egg yolks
400 ml soya milk
1 tsp vanilla paste
40 g cornflour
fresh strawberries, sliced, to garnish
kiwifruit, sliced, to garnish
peaches, sliced, to garnish
fresh raspberries, sliced, to garnish
½ cup apricot jam
- Put almond meal, flour, salt and 25g of the sugar in a food processor. Pulse to combine. Add butter and pulse until the texture of wet sand. Add yolks, pulse to combine. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Lightly flour a board. Roll pastry to 3mm thick, cut into 4 discs and use to line four 8cm straight-edged tartlet tins. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Bake pastry for 25 minutes or until deep golden.
- Combine soy milk, vanilla and remaining sugar in a medium saucepan over a medium heat and bring to a simmer. Whisk eggs and cornflour in a bowl. Stir in hot milk mixture then return to pan and boil until thick. Set aside until cool. Whisk until smooth and spoon into shells. Top with fruit and set aside.
- Put jam in a small saucepan over a high heat. Bring to the boil. Pass through a fine sieve. Brush onto flans and serve.