These 30-min gratins are so easy! Things will go swimmingly at dinner with this tender fish and crumby, golden crust topping. Everyone will want your secret!
4 x 170 g white fish fillets, boneless
½ cup panko breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
Cheese and spinach sauce
50 g butter, chopped
¼ cup plain flour
2 ¼ cups milk
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
80 g fresh baby spinach leaves
⅔ cup finely grated Parmesan
- Grease four ovenproof dishes (2-cup capacity).
- To make sauce, melt butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat until bubbling. Add flour. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in milk, then mustard. Return to heat. Whisk over a high heat until boiling and thickened. Remove. Stir in spinach and half the parmesan.
- Combine remaining parmesan, breadcrumbs and parsley in a bowl.
- Place a fish fillet in each prepared dish. Pour over sauce. Sprinkle over crumb mixture. Place dishes on a large oven tray
- Cook in a hot oven (200°C) for about 15 minutes, or until fish is tender and crumbs are golden.