melted butter, for greasing
6 chocolate chip hot cross bun
25 g butter, softened
⅓ cup orange marmalade
100 g milk chocolate, chopped
300 ml carton pure cream
½ cup milk
½ cup orange juice
¼ cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
icing sugar mixture, to decorate
vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Brush melted butter over base and side of a shallow, round ovenproof dish (10-cup capacity).
- Using a serrated knife, cut buns in half horizontally. Spread butter and marmalade over each cut side. Arrange sandwiched buns in prepared dish. Scatter chocolate over top.
- Place eggs, cream, milk, juice, sugar and vanilla in a large jug. Whisk well. Pour over buns in dish. Cover with foil. Stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to allow cream mixture to soak into buns. Remove foil.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for 45 minutes, or until egg mixture is just set. Remove. Stand for 20 minutes.
- Dust pudding with icing sugar. Serve warm with ice-cream.