750 g diced leg of lamb
2 tbsp vegetable oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1 large brown onion, chopped
ginger and garlic paste
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp garam masala
2 tsp hot paprika
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 ½ cups beef stock
1 tbsp plain flour
100 g fresh baby spinach leaves
fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
natural yoghurt, to serve
naan bread, to serve
- Toss lamb with half the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a stockpot over a high heat. Add lamb in two batches. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned. Remove.
- Reduce heat to medium. Heat remaining oil in same stockpot. Add onion and paste. Cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes, or until onion is soft. Add spices. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Return lamb to pan with tomatoes. Stir for 1 minute. Add 1¼ cups of stock. Bring to boil. Boil gently, covered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour, 30 minutes, or until lamb is tender.
- Blend remaining stock with flour. Add to stockpot. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in spinach.
- Serve with coriander sprigs, yoghurt and naan bread.