700 g diced lamb
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp ginger paste
1 large onion, sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
⅓ cup korma curry paste
1 ½ cups beef stock
500 g small sweet potatoes, cut into 2cm pieces
400 g canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained
270 ml can coconut cream
fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
naan bread, to serve
- Toss lamb with pastes, onion and oil in a large bowl.
- Heat a flameproof casserole dish (16 cup-capacity) over a medium to high heat. Add lamb and onion in two batches. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes, or until lamb is browned. Return all lamb and onion to pan.
- Add curry paste. Cook, stirring, until fragrant. Stir in stock, sweet potatoes, chickpeas and cream. Bring to boil. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover. Simmer korma for a further 10 minutes, or until lamb and potatoes are tender and sauce is slightly thickened.
- Serve with coriander and naan bread.