Rosemary and garlic barbecued lamb cutlets are served with salty halloumi and char-grilled asparagus, with a side of creamy beetroot and cumin hummus.
12 lamb cutlets (1kg), French trimmed
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp chopped, fresh rosemary
2 cloves garlic, crushed
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed, cut in half crossways
250 g packet halloumi, cut into 1cm thick slices
225 g canned beetroot slices, drained
200 g tub hummus
1 tsp ground cumin
- Combine lamb, oil, rosemary and garlic in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss until well coated.
- To make beetroot hummus, place beetroot in a food processor. Process until pureed. Add hummus and cumin. Process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat an oiled barbecue grill plate over a medium to high heat. Add lamb. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil.
- Heat lightly oiled barbecue flat plate. Add asparagus. Cook, turning, for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until just charred. Meanwhile, add haloumi to same hot plate. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until charred.
- To serve, spread hummus on a serving platter. Top with haloumi, lamb and asparagus.