700 g jar passata sauce
1 cup chopped canned fire-roasted capsicum strips (180g)
2 cups prepared chicken stock
1 ½ cups couscous
2 zucchini, thinly sliced
600 g lamb mince
1 red onion, grated
⅓ cup breadcrumbs
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
⅓ cup finely chopped fresh oregano
Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make meatballs, combine mince with onion, breadcrumbs, garlic, cumin and half the oregano. Season. Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls.
- Heat an oiled, large, deep, non-stick frying pan. Add meatballs. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, turning once, until starting to brown.
- Add passata, capsicum and ½ cup of the stock. Simmer for about 10 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked.
- Meanwhile, bring remaining stock to boil in a large saucepan. Stir in couscous and zucchini. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Serve meatballs mixture over couscous. Sprinkle with remaining oregano.