Go on, treat yourself and the whole party with everyone's favourite Aussie treat with a twist
1 cup icing sugar mixture
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
⅔ cup boiling water
450 g unfilled double sponge cake
chopped Bounty bars
250 g cream cheese, chopped, room temperature
¼ cup icing sugar mixture
300 ml tub thickened cream
6 x 14 g Bounty bars, coarsely chopped
100 g block dark cooking chocolate, chopped
¼ cup pure cream
- Grease a large, deep loaf pan (15cm x 23cm x 9cm top measurement). Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above pan.
- Sift the sugar and cocoa into a bowl. Add water and whisk until smooth. Cool.
- To make the filling, process cream cheese and sugar in a food processor until smooth. Add the cream. Process until combined. Transfer to a large bowl. Fold in chocolate bars.
- Cut each half of the double sponges horizontally in half through the side (see tip). Trim one layer to cover the base of prepared pan. Drizzle with one-third of the cocoa mixture, allowing it to soak into the sponge. Spoon over half the filling. Smooth over the top.
- Repeat layering with sponge, cocoa mixture and filling, finishing with a layer of sponge and cocoa mixture. Discard sponge trimmings. Wrap the pan tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- To make ganache, place chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove.
- To serve, turn out the log onto a serving plate. Pour over the warm ganache. Sprinkle with coconut and decorate with chocolate bars.