melted unsalted butter, for greasing
2 eggs, lightly beaten
100 g unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp finely grated fresh lemon rind
1 cup caster sugar
½ cup fresh lemon juice
½ cup desiccated coconut
⅔ cup self-raising flour
100 ml boiling water
icing sugar mixture
- Grease four microwave-safe dishes (350ml-cup capacity) with melted butter.
- Place eggs, butter, rind, 2/3 cup of the sugar and 2 tbsps of the juice in a large bowl. Whisk until well combined. Add coconut and flour. Whisk until smooth.
- Divide evenly among prepared dishes. Sprinkle over remaining sugar (about 1 tbsp on each).
- Combine remaining juice and water in a jug. Slowly pour over the back of a metal spoon held close to the top of the puddings so sugar is covered. Arrange dishes on the outer edge of the turntable in the microwave.
- Microwave, uncovered, on medium (50 per cent) for about 9 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. The edges of the puddings will still be sticky. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve puddings dusted with sifted icing sugar.