600 g beef rump steak, trimmed
1 tsp finely grated fresh lemon rind
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
⅓ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
12 x 25cm wooden skewers
steamed fresh green beans, to serve
steamed carrots, to serve
800 g potatoes, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Cut beef into 1.5cm-thick strips. Place in a large bowl.
- Combine rind, juice, rosemary, parsley, mustard and half the oil in a small bowl. Season. Pour half over beef. Toss to coat. Thread evenly onto skewers.
- To make garlic potatoes, boil or microwave potatoes until tender. Drain. Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan. Add garlic and potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until hot. Season.
- Heat an oiled grill plate over a medium to high heat. Add skewers in two batches. Cook, turning occasionally, for 2 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Pour over remaining lemon mixture. Turn to coat.
- Serve skewers with garlic potatoes, beans and carrots.