¾ cup low-fat natural yoghurt
2 cloves garlic, crushed
600 g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed of excess fat
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp sumac
1 iceberg lettuce, chopped
1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
2 tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 loaf Turkish bread, split and toasted
- Using one lemon, finely grate 1 tbsp of rind and squeeze 2 tbsp juice. Reserve 1 tbsp for dressing.
- Combine rind, remaining juice, yoghurt and garlic in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken. Toss to coat. Stand for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Heat an oiled ovenproof frying pan over a high heat. Add chicken to pan. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Turn over chicken.
- Transfer to a hot oven (200C) for about 5 to 8 minutes, or until cooked.
- Whisk reserved juice, oil and sumac in a jug until combined. Season.
- Combine lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and onion in a bowl. Toss well.
- Thickly slice chicken. Serve over toasted bread with salad and remaining lemon, cut into wedges. Drizzle over dressing.