600 g beef eye fillet, trimmed, thinly sliced
2 stalks lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
2 fresh red chillies, finely chopped
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 tsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, halved crossways
1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
steamed jasmine rice, to serve
⅓ cup caster sugar
½ cup water
2 Tbsp fish sauce
2 Tbsp soy sauce
- To make dressing, place all ingredients in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Gently boil for about 10 minutes, or until reduced by half. Transfer to a heatproof jug. Refrigerate until cool.
- Combine beef, lemongrass, half the chillies and 2 tablespoons of the dressing in a large bowl. Mix well. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Add juice, sesame oil and remaining chillies to remaining dressing in jug. Refrigerate.
- Heat half the vegetable oil in a wok over a medium to high heat. Add broccolini. Stir-fry for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Remove. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat same wok over a high heat. Add beef in three batches. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until browned. Transfer to a large bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to same hot wok. Add onion. Stir-fry until soft. Stir through beef.
- Serve beef and broccolini with rice. Pour over remaining dressing.