A great idea for a weekend lunch, these bacon and cheese pasta pots only take 20 minutes, and taste incredible! Perfect comfort bowl in the chillier months.
1 ⅓ cups macaroni
150 g diced bacon
420 g can baked beans in tomato sauce and cheese
¾ cup pure cream
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1 ⅔ cups grated tasty cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
fresh parsley leaves, to garnish
- Cook macaroni in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- Meanwhile, heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes, or until browned. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Add bacon to macaroni with baked beans, cream, parsley and 1 cup of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Divide mixture among four ovenproof dishes (2-cup capacity). Place on an oven tray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220C) for about 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Serve garnished with parsley.