1 ¼ cups plain flour
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
100 g unsalted butter, chopped, room temperature
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp vanilla extract
150 g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
½ cup chopped, unsalted macadamia nuts
150 g dark chocolate, chopped
⅓ cup cream
- Trace a 25cm-diameter circle onto a sheet of baking paper. Place on a greased, large oven tray, trace-side down.
- Place flour, sugar, butter, cocoa, soda, egg and vanilla in a food processor. Process until mixture forms a soft dough. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in chocolate and nuts
- Place dough in the centre of the circle on prepared tray. Using your fingertips, press dough out to the edge of the circle.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until firm to touch in the centre. Remove from oven. Cool cookie on tray.
- To make chocolate sauce, combine chocolate and cream in a heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth. Remove.
- Serve cookie with ice-cream and warm chocolate sauce.