250 g packet malted milk biscuits
150 g unsalted butter, melted
3 tsp powdered gelatine
2 tbsp water
405 ml can apricot nectar
250 g block cream cheese, chopped
⅓ cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
½ cup sour cream
85 g packet mango-flavoured jelly crystals
½ cup boiling water
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until combined. Press evenly over base of prepared pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- To make filling, sprinkle gelatine over water in a small, heatproof jug. Sit jug in a small saucepan of simmering water. Stir until gelatine is dissolved. Remove. Cool.
- Reserve 1 cup of the apricot nectar for topping.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually beat in gelatine mixture and remaining apricot nectar until combined. Beat in sour cream until smooth.
- Pour filling over biscuit base. Smooth over top. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- To make topping, dissolve crystals in water in a medium, heatproof jug. Stir in reserved apricot nectar. Gently pour jelly over filling. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or until set.
- Lift slice out of pan. Cut into squares.