250 g packet Arnott's Granita biscuits or other plain sweet biscuits
100 g unsalted butter, melted
300 ml tub thickened cream, whipped
thickly sliced mango, to serve
fresh passionfruit pulp, to serve
1 medium mango
6 egg yolks
¾ cup caster sugar
1 tbsp cornflour
½ cup lemon juice
125 g cold, unsalted butter, finely chopped
- Lightly grease a 13cm x 35cm rectangular loose-based flan tin. Place on a tray.
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until combined. Press over base and up sides of prepared tin. Refrigerate.
- To make curd, cut cheeks from mango. Using a large spoon, scoop out flesh. Cut any flesh from stone. Place all flesh in a blender. Blend until pureed. You will need ¾ cup.
- Whisk yolks, sugar and cornflour in a large, heatproof bowl until smooth. Stir in juice. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir occasionally for about 20 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Whisk in butter until combined. Stir in puree.
- Pour curd into prepared biscuit base. Refrigerate for 6 hours, or overnight until firm.
- To serve, spoon whipped cream over tart. Top with mango slices and passionfruit.