¾ cup mayonnaise
1 cup caster sugar
1 free-range egg
⅔ cup water
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 ½ cups self-raising flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
sprinkles, to serve
150 g cream cheese, chopped, room temperature
75 g unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup icing sugar mixture
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan (1/3- cup capacity) with paper cases.
- Whisk mayonnaise, sugar, egg, water and vanilla in a large bowl until combined. Add combined sifted flour, cocoa and soda. Whisk until smooth. Divide evenly among cases.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 20 minutes, or until cooked when tested. Stand in pan 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
- To make frosting, beat cream cheese and butter in a small bowl of an electric mixer until creamy. Add combined sifted sugar and cocoa. Beat until smooth.
- Spread frosting onto cupcakes. Decorate with sprinkles.