Soft potato gnocchi gets a Mediterranean spin with this scrumptious meal.
700 g packet fresh gnocchi
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 medium eggplant, cut into 2 cm slices
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 x 290 g jars ajvar relish
250 g punnet cherry tomatoes
1 cup finely grated Parmesan
baby rocket, to serve
- Cook gnocchi according to packet directions. Drain
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add eggplant and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until eggplant is just tender.
- Add relish, tomatoes and ½ cup water. Stir until hot. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in gnocchi and half the parmesan.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish (10- cup capacity). Sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 15 minutes, or until top is golden.
- Serve with rocket leaves.