1.2 kg butterflied leg of lamb, trimmed
lime cut into wedges, to serve
Mexican spice mix
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp ground cumin
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp Mexican chilli powder
1 tsp sea salt flakes
¼ cup sliced jalapeno chillies, drained, chopped
1 cup fresh coriander and stems, roughly chopped
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- To make spice mix, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Using a sharp knife, cut 1cm-deep slashes, about 2cm apart, across skin-side of lamb. Rub spice mix all over lamb.
- Heat a lightly oiled barbecue grill plate over a high heat. Add lamb, skin side up. Turn off middle burners. Reduce heat to medium to low. Close lid or cover lamb loosely with foil. Cook for 20 minutes. Turn over lamb. Cook with closed lid for a further 10 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 15 minutes. Thickly slice lamb. Reserve meat juices.
- Meanwhile, make salsa. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Top lamb with meat juices and salsa. Serve with lime wedges.