2 eggs, lightly beaten
250 g tub sour cream
375 g jar chunky medium salsa
1 cup self-raising flour
2 Tbsp Mexican seasoning
410 g can corn kernels, drained
1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
3 green spring onions, thinly sliced
¼ cup vegetable oil
avocado, sliced, to serve (optional)
- Whisk eggs, ½ cup of the sour cream and 1/3 cup of the salsa in a jug until combined.
- Sift flour and seasoning into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add egg mixture, corn, capsicum and onions. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Heat 1 tblsp of the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Spoon 2 heaped tblsps of mixture into pan, spreading slightly to make a fritter about 6cm in diameter. Repeat to make another 3 fritters
- Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Remove. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture and oil to make 12 fritters in total.
- Serve warm fritters with remaining sour cream and salsa, and sliced avocado (optional).