175 g packet white corn chips, crushed
1 ½ cups grated Mexican-style cheese blend
guacamole, to serve
tomatoes, chopped, to serve
sour cream, to serve (optional)
coriander, to garnish
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 green capsicum, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
500 g beef mince
30 g sachet taco seasoning mix
425 g canned Mexican beans
435 g jar mild salsa
⅓ cup chopped fresh coriander
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 25cm round ovenproof dish (8-cup capacity).
- To make filling, heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion, capsicum and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft. Add beef. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for about 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Add seasoning. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add undrained beans and salsa. Mix well. Bring to boil. Boil gently, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in coriander. Spoon into prepared dish.
- Combine corn chips with ½ cup of the cheese in a large bowl. Scatter over filling. Top with remaining cheese.
- Cook in preheated oven for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with guacamole, chopped tomatoes and sour cream. Garnish with extra coriander