6 x 150 g boneless skinless salmon fillets
12 long wooden skewers
2 limes, halved
garlic aioli, to serve
chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
¾ cup canned fire-roasted capsicum strips
1 tbsp sliced fresh green jalapeno chillies
1 tbsp smoked paprika
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp sea salt flakes
½ tsp chilli powder
- To make salsa, place peppers and jalapenos in a small food processor. Pulse until smooth. Transfer to serving bowl.
- To make spice mix, combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cut salmon fillets in half lengthways. Add to spice mix. Gently toss until salmon is well coated. Thread salmon lengthways onto skewers.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add limes, cut-side down. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until browned. Remove.
- Add salmon, in three batches, to same pan. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides and cooked to your liking. Remove from pan. Cover lightly with foil to keep warm in between batches.
- Serve salmon with salsa, aioli and lime halves. Garnish with coriander.