6 green spring onions, trimmed
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
600 g beef rump steak, trimmed, thinly sliced
¼ cup Thai green curry paste
270 ml can coconut cream
200 g green beans, trimmed, halved crossways
1 Tbsp fish sauce
2 tsp caster sugar
1 cup firmly packed fresh basil
steamed white rice
lime cut into wedges to serve
- Finely chop onions, separating white bases from green tops.
- Heat half the oil in a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add beef in two batches. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until just cooked. Remove.
- Heat remaining oil in same hot pan. Add paste and white onion bases. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add coconut cream, beans, sauce, sugar and ¾ cup water. Bring to a boil. Gently boil for 2 minutes.
- Return beef to pan with basil. Stir for about 1 minute or until hot.
- Serve curry with rice and lime cheeks. Garnish with green onion tops.