cooking oil spray
160 g granita biscuits
70 g butter
¼ cup desiccated coconut
4 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp gelatine powder
2 mangoes roughly chopped plus extra 2-3 sliced to serve
3 x 250 g blocks cream cheese, chopped, softened
1 cup caster sugar
150 ml thickened cream, whipped
- To make mini cheesecakes, follow steps 1-9 of Mango cheesecake with coconut crust (see linked recipe below), adjusting as follows. Grease bases and sides of six 10cm round springform tins, and line with baking paper. For base, increase Granita biscuits to 160g and increase butter to 70g. For filling, reduce cream to 150ml. Evenly spoon cheesecake mixture over biscuit bases. Once set, remove from tins and top with mango flowers (see steps, below).
- Very thinly slice peeled mango cheeks.
- Starting from centre of cheesecake, coil a small slice of mango, straight side down, to form a bud.
- Arrange another slice, straight side down, around bud, overlapping ends.
- Continue adding slices until mango covers half the surface of the cheesecake.