Clever tip: try soaking the bamboo skewers in water for 20 minutes before threading chicken to prevent them from burning on the grill plate – genius!
½ cup satay sauce
¼ cup coconut milk
1 Tbsp kecap manis
10 chicken tenderloins, halved lengthways
20 x 16 cm bamboo skewers, soaked
sliced green spring onions
- Combine sauce, milk and kecap manis in a large bowl. Mix well. Transfer ½ cup to a heatproof jug. Reserve.
- Add chicken to remaining sauce mixture in bowl. Toss to coat. Thread onto skewers.
- Heat an oiled, large grill plate over a medium heat. Add skewers in two batches. Cook, turning for about 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove.
- Just before serving, microwave reserved sauce on HIGH (100 per cent power) for about 40 seconds, or until hot.
- Place skewers on a serving platter. Spoon over hot sauce. Garnish with onions