1 cup brown rice and quinoa blend
750 g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
1 red onion, halved and sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 x 250 g chicken breast fillets
50 g fresh baby spinach leaves
⅓ cup honey
2 tbsp red miso paste
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- Cook rice and quinoa blend according to packet directions. Drain. Cover to keep warm.
- To make miso glaze, whisk all ingredients in a jug until combined.
- Combine pumpkin, onion and oil in a large roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Toss gently.
- Meanwhile, heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add chicken. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Remove roasting pan from oven. Arrange chicken over vegetables. Spoon over glaze.
- Return pan to hot oven. Cook for a further 15 minutes, or until pumpkin is tender and chicken cooked through.
- Combine rice and quinoa blend with spinach. Serve with chicken. Spoon over roasted pumpkin and pan juices.