2 pink lady apples
500 g box frozen mixed berries
⅓ cup caster sugar (70 g)
1 tblsp cornflour
2 tsps finely grated lemon rind
1 carton prepared custard to serve
1 cup self-raising flour (160 g)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
50 g unsalted butter chopped (cold)
2 tblsps brown sugar
60 mls milk (you can use up to 80 mls if needed)
- Peel apples and remove cores. Cut apples into 1cm pieces.
- Place apples, frozen berries, sugar, cornflour and rind in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Transfer to a 20cm square ovenproof dish (6-cup capacity).
- To make topping, sift flour and cinnamon into a large bowl. Add butter. Rub into flour with your fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add sugar and enough milk, stirring, to form a soft dough.
- Spoon tablespoonfuls of topping, about 1cm apart, over fruit mixture.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 45 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with custard.