If you love chocolate ripple biscuits, why not make them into a delicious dessert? Using a packet mousse mix, prep this easy dessert a night before, and voila!
1 tbsp instant coffee granules
2 tbsp boiling water
200 g packet chocolate flavoured mousse mix
1 ⅓ cups milk
300 ml tub thickened cream, whipped
250 g chocolate ripple biscuits
extra whipped cream
sliced fresh strawberries, to serve
- Dissolve coffee in water in a heatproof jug. Cool slightly.
- Set aside chocolate flakes from mousse packet for decoration.
- Place both sachets of mousse into a large bowl of an electric mixer. Add milk. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds until combined. Increase speed to high. Beat for a further 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened. Fold in whipped cream.
- Arrange nine biscuits in a single layer over base of a square dish (10-cup capacity). Brush with some of the coffee liquid. Spoon over one-third of the mousse mixture (about 1½ cups). Repeat layering with remaining biscuits, coffee liquid and mousse mixture. Cover. Refrigerate for 6 hours, or overnight until set.
- Serve mousse topped with extra whipped cream and strawberries. Sprinkle over chocolate flakes.