2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
500 g lamb leg steak, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp cornflour
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 green capsicum, thinly sliced
200 g brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
6 green shallots, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
2 Tbsp Shaoxing rice wine
steamed rice, to serve
micro herbs, to garnish
3 Tbsp hoisin sauce
2 Tbsp kecap manis
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 Tbsp fish sauce
2 tsp cornflour
1 tsp water
- Mix bicarb and 2 teaspoons of water in a large bowl. Add lamb and toss to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix all Mongolian sauce ingredients in a jug and set aside.
- Rinse lamb well under cold water (see Cook’s tips, above left), pat dry and put in a clean large bowl. Sprinkle with cornflour and toss to coat.
- Heat a wok over a high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil. Stir-fry half the lamb until browned and just cooked. Set aside. Repeat with 1 tablespoon of remaining oil and lamb. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in wok. Add vegies and wine. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until just tender. Return lamb, pour in sauce and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Serve over rice, garnished with micro herbs.