1 kg thick beef sirloin steaks, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
1 Tbsp Moroccan spice blend
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 small red onions
8 x 25cm-long metal skewers
Capsicum, almond and olive couscous
330 g jar canned roasted red peppers, drained
½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2 cups chicken stock
250 g packet pearl couscous
½ cup pitted Sicilian olive, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
⅓ cup chopped coriander
- To make couscous, place peppers, almonds, oil and vinegar in a food processor. Process until ingredients are coarsely chopped, then remove from processor.
- Bring stock to boil in a large saucepan. Add couscous. Cover with lid. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until stock is absorbedand couscous is tender. Remove from heat. Stir in pepper mixture and olives. Season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Combine beef, seasoning and garlic, in a large bowl. Toss to coat.
- Cut each onion into eight wedges. Alternately, thread beef and onions onto skewers.
- Heat a lightly-oiled, large grill plate over a medium to high heat. Add skewers. Cook, turning occasionally for about 8–10 minutes for medium, or until it is cooked to your liking. Remove
- To serve, stir coriander into couscous. Serve with skewers.