250 g microwaveable brown rice
250 g quinoa
⅓ cup flaked almonds, toasted
½ cup finely chopped fresh coriander
¼ cup currants
3 tsp Moroccan spice blend
½ tsp grated fresh lemon rind
8 x 120 g vine-ripened tomatoes
80 g firm feta cheese, crumbled
salt and pepper to taste
mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Heat rice mix according to packet directions. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool slightly. Add almonds, coriander, currants, seasoning and rind. Stir to combine.
- Cut tops off tomatoes. Discard. Trim bases to sit flat. Scoop out flesh, leaving a 1/2cm-thick shell. Finely chop 1/2 cup of the flesh.
- Add chopped tomato to rice mixture with feta. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture evenly into tomatoes, pressing down firmly (1/3 cup in each). Place tomatoes in an oiled roasting pan.
- Cook in a hot oven (200°C) for about 15 minutes, or until tomatoes are soft.
- Serve with mixed salad leaves.