This quick-fix weeknight meal is on the table in less than 35 minutes – add in an awesome flavour, and this is a winner!
1 kg bag frozen straight cut oven chips
4 x 200 g beef porterhouse steaks
2 tsp Greek seasoning
320 g jar grilled eggplant slices in oil, drained
400 g jar napoletana sauce
1 ¼ cups grated mozzarella
baby rocket salad mix to serve
- Cook chips according to packet directions.
- Meanwhile, toss beef with seasoning. Drain eggplant, reserving 1 tblsp of the oil.
- Heat reserved oil in a large, frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add beef. Cook for about 2 minutes each side, or until browned. Spoon over pasta sauce. Cook for a further 1 minute. Remove pan from heat.
- Arrange eggplant over beef. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with lid. Return pan to a medium to high heat. Cook for a further 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve beef with chips and salad mix.