1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
½ leek, finely chopped
2 clove garlic, finely chopped
4 sprigs thyme
400 g button mushrooms, sliced
100 g basmati rice
310 ml boiling water
1 salt-reduced vegetable stock cube
200 g sugar snap peas, trimmed
½ bunch beetroot leaves, washed, chopped
40 g goat's cheese
freshly ground black pepper
4 lamb cutlets
olive oil cooking spray
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek, garlic, thyme and mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, for 7-10 minutes or until the leek and mushrooms are very soft.
- Increase heat to high and add the rice. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Combine the boiling water and stock cube in a jug. Add 250ml (1 cup) of the stock and stir well. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the rice is almost tender.
- Add the remaining stock, sugar snap peas and beetroot leaves to the pan. Stir well. Cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 2-3 minutes or until the leaves wilt, the peas are tender crisp and the rice is just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a small chargrill pan over high heat. Season the lamb cutlets with pepper and spray with cooking spray. Add to the chargrill and cook for 1 1/2-2 minutes each side, for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Stir the goat’s cheese into the risotto. Serve with the lamb cutlets