2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
1 Tbsp maple syrup
¼ cup finely chopped parsley
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
¼ cup olive oil
12 chicken breast fillets
salt and pepper, to taste
3 bunches fresh asparagus, trimmed
baby parsley, to garnish
1 ½ cups couscous
1 cup boiling water
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp olive oil
- Combine mustards, syrup, parsley, vinegar and 2 tblsps of the oil in a large bowl. Add chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate. Drain chicken
- Combine asparagus and remaining oil in a medium bowl. Season. Toss to coat.
- Heat a barbecue or chargrill plate over a medium to high heat. Add asparagus. Cook, turning occasionally for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender. Remove. Cut into 4cm lengths.
- Add chicken to barbecue or chargrill plate in three batches. Cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes. Cut in half.
- To make lemon couscous, place couscous in a large heatproof bowl. Stir in water, rind, juice and oil. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir in asparagus. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken with couscous. Garnish with parsley.