If you love ginger, this is the slice for you! With a sweet coconut, pink-coloured icing, and buttery ginger-infused base, this slice is great for cake stalls.
400 g packet digestive biscuits
1 cup desiccated coconut
⅓ cup glacé ginger, chopped
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp mixed spice
2 tsp finely grated fresh lemon rind
100 g unsalted butter, chopped
2 tbsp honey
½ cup sweetened condensed milk
1 ½ cups icing sugar mixture
2 tsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 tbsp milk
liquid rose-pink food colouring, to tint
2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 4cm above pan edges.
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in coconut, ginger, cinnamon, spice and rind.
- Melt butter and honey in a small saucepan over a low heat. Add to biscuit mixture with condensed milk. Mix well. Press evenly over base of prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm.
- To make topping, place icing sugar, butter and milk in a medium bowl. Stir until smooth. Tint pink. Spread over slice. Smooth over top. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Lift slice out of pan. Cut into rectangles.