Create Bake Make's recipe is going to become your new fave simple dessert recipe! It's really easy to put together with 20 minutes to prepare and no baking.
250 g Marie biscuit
130 g butter, melted
500 g cream cheese, softened
3 tsp powdered gelatine
¼ cup boiling water
395 g tin sweetened condensed milk
finely grated rind of 2 lemons
⅓ cup lemon juice
- Line a 28cm x 18cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Crush the plain biscuits until they resemble fine crumbs, either using a food processor or by placing them into a ziplock bag and crushing with a rolling pin.
- Place the crushed biscuits and melted butter into a large bowl and stir until they are well combined. Transfer the mixture to your prepared tin and press down with the back of a spoon to flatten. Place the slice tray into the fridge until required.
- Place the cream cheese into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on a medium speed for approximately 4 minutes or until smooth. The time it takes to beat the cream cheese will depend on its temperature.
- Dissolve the gelatine in the boiling water and add to the bowl along with the condensed milk. Mix on a medium to high speed for 3 minutes or until the cheesecake mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the lemon rind and juice, and mix on a medium speed for a further 1 minute to combine.
- Transfer the cheesecake mixture to the slice tin and gently smooth the surface. Place the slice into the fridge for at least six hours (preferably overnight) to set before cutting into pieces to serve.