How could you not give this chocolate slice recipe a try? Nutella, desiccated coconut and crunchy hazelnuts, this chocolate slice is every child's dream!
2 cups plain flour
⅔ cup cocoa powder
1 cup caster sugar
¾ cup desiccated coconut
175 g unsalted butter, melted
120 g packet whole skinless hazelnuts
250 g tub sour cream
1 cup Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm (4cm deep) rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Sift flour and cocoa into a large bowl. Stir in sugar, coconut and butter until well combined. Reserve 1 cup of mixture and refrigerate. Press remaining mixture over base of prepared pan.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 15 minutes, or until firm to touch. Cool. Place pan on an oven tray.
- To make filling, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Whisk well. Pour over base.
- Add hazelnuts to reserved mixture. Mix well. Sprinkle evenly over filling.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 50 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Remove. Cool completely in pan. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or until cold.
- To serve, cut slice into squares.