600 g Desiree potatoes, cut into 5 mm thick slices
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
200 g cup mushrooms, sliced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp fresh thyme
2 egg yolks
⅓ cup milk
½ cup finely grated Parmesan
salt and pepper, to taste
420 g jar puttanesca pasta sauce
¾ cup grated tasty cheese
fresh thyme, to serve
- Grease a 24cm springform pan (base measuring 22cm). Line base and side with baking paper.
- Place potatoes in a shallow, microwave-safe dish with 2 tblsps water. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for about 7 minutes, or until just tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add mushrooms, garlic and thyme. Cook, stirring for a further 3 minutes, or until mushrooms are soft. Remove.
- Whisk eggs, yolks, milk and parmesan in a large bowl until combined. Season. Add hot potato and mushroom mixture. Gently stir to combine. Pour into prepared pan.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Spread with sauce. Sprinkle with Tasty cheese. Return to oven.
- Cook for a further 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and top is golden brown. Remove from oven. Stand for 5 minutes before removing side of pan.
- Slide tortilla onto a serving plate. Garnish with thyme sprigs.