4 x 125 g pieces boneless skinless salmon fillets
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 ½ cups medium-grain rice
2 carrots, peeled and shredded
400 g savoy cabbage, shredded
thinly sliced green spring onions, to garnish
50 g butter, chopped
¼ cup plain flour
2 tsp curry powder
2 cups chicken stock
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp honey
- Dip salmon in eggs and coat in crumbs. Place on an oiled oven tray.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 10 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Stir in carrots and cabbage in the last minute of cooking. Drain. Keep warm.
- To make curry sauce, melt butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Stir in flour. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in curry powder. Cook until fragrant. Slowly whisk in stock until smooth. Bring to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in sauce and honey.
- Serve salmon with rice mixture and sauce. Garnish with spring onions.