60 ml boiling water
3 tsp powdered gelatine
370 ml milk
300 ml thickened cream
395 g sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
4 ginger nut biscuits, crushed
micro herbs, to garnish
2 cups fresh cherries, pitted
60 ml green ginger wine
¼ cup caster sugar
- Put water in a jug and sprinkle gelatine over the top. Stir until combined and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put milk, cream, condensed milk and vanilla in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil, remove from heat and stir in gelatine mixture until gelatine has dissolved.
- Line a small oven tray with damp kitchen paper towel. Put eight 125ml-capacity plastic dariole moulds on top. Divide milk mixture between moulds. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight until set.
- To make Drunken cherries, put all ingredients in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil, reduce heat to low and cook, covered for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, remove cherries with a slotted spoon and set aside. Return syrup to the heat, simmer for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Set aside syrup and cherries for 30 minutes to allow to cool to room temperature.
- To serve, brush a little of the Drunken cherry syrup across 8 serving plates.
- Turn out panna cottas onto plates on top of syrup, spoon a few Drunken cherries on the side, scatter cherries with gingernut crumbs and garnish panna cotta with micro herbs.