Create mini meringues with a swirl of raspberry, zingy passionfruit and glam white chocolate petals
¼ cup frozen raspberries
¼ cup caster sugar, plus extra 1 ½ cups
6 free-range egg whites
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 Tbsp cornflour
1 tsp white vinegar
500 ml thickened cream
1 Tbsp icing sugar mixture, plus extra to dust
passionfruit pulp to serve
- Preheat oven to 140ºC fanforced (160ºC conventional). Put raspberries and caster sugar into a small saucepan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until raspberries thaw and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and strain through Passionfruit and raspberry pavlovas with white choc flowers a fine sieve into a small bowl. Set sauce aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, trim 2 pieces of baking paper to fit the back of 2 large oven trays. Place baking paper on benchtop and then, using a 8cm-diameter glass, trace 6 circles onto each sheet of paper, at least 5cm apart. Place on backs of trays ink side down.
- Put egg whites into the bowl of an electric mixer with whisk attachment and beat on high for 1 minute. Add cream of tartar and beat for a further 2 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Gradually pour in extra sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well between each addition until mixture is thick and glossy. This should take about 10 minutes
- Add cornflour and vinegar and whisk until well incorporated.
- Put a dollop of meringue under each corner of baking paper to adhere paper to tray backs.
- Evenly divide mixture between centres of marked circles.
- Using the back of a spoon, form meringue into a ball shape, ensuring good height.
- Dip a skewer into raspberry mixture and use it to swirl around the sides of each meringue to create a raspberry ripple effect.
- Bake meringues for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 110ºC fan-forced (130ºC conventional) and bake for 1 hour. Turn off oven and allow to cool completely inside oven, with door slightly ajar.
- Beat cream and icing sugar mixture until stiff peaks form. Spoon onto top of each pavlova. To serve, drizzle over passionfruit pulp and dust with extra icing sugar mixture