This melt in your mouth slice is a tasty treat to get passionate about. Marshmallows add a moreish touch!
200 g packet shortbread fingers
100 g unsalted butter, melted
⅓ cup desiccated coconut
2 tsp finely grated fresh lemon rind
250 g white marshmallows
⅓ cup milk
⅓ cup fresh passionfruit pulp
300 ml thickened cream, whipped
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter, coconut and rind. Process until combined. Press mixture evenly over base of prepared pan. Refrigerate while making topping.
- To make topping, place the marshmallows, milk and pulp in a large saucepan. Stir over a low heat for about 10 minutes, or until the marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth and hot. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl. Refrigerate for about 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, or until cooled and slightly thickened, but not set.
- Fold whipped cream into marshmallow mixture. Pour over prepared base. Refrigerate for about 6 hours, or overnight until firm.
- Lift slice out of pan onto a chopping board. Cut into squares.